JOB TITLE: Business Manager
REPORTS TO: President
JOB TYPE: Full time
The Hands of Sean Perry Co. is a licensed building contractor in Asheville, North Carolina. The company has earned a reputation for its thorough, no-surprises estimating process, solid communication about budget and timeline from beginning through completion, and award-winning quality and integrity of construction.
The Hands of Sean Perry Co. is seeking an experienced business manager to work closely with the president and management team. The successful candidate will effectively manage communication with clients and team members, participate in sales and estimating process, lead business financial management, and play a key role in marketing and business growth.
- Usher and track clients through the sales process, from initial site visit through sale.
- Maintain consistent client communications throughout the sales process.
- Schedule meetings with clients, architects, engineers, trade partners and vendors.
- Serve as point of contact for projects already underway when field staff not available or as needed.
- Support estimator in reaching sales goals.
- Communicate with team members about scheduling and billing.
Sales and Estimating Process Point Person:
- Support estimator in generating estimates and change orders.
- Communicate with clients about project progress.
- Schedule project meetings and maintain communication with clients, architects, engineers, trade partners and vendors related to sales and estimates.
- Prepare contracts.
- Maintain sales tracking spreadsheets; assist in creating sales targets and reaching them.
- Monitor estimates-to-actuals and estimated costs to complete.
- Maintain the monthly WIP (Work in Progress) report.
- Prepare invoices.
Marketing, Business Growth, and Workplace Culture:
- Oversee business marketing plan with contracted marketing firm.
- Work with president to create and implement a collaborative plan for building workplace community and plan for work-life balance.
- Establish and execute a plan to foster relationships with new architects, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Strategize with president to grow business while maintaining net and gross profit goals.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills
- Must be a clear and effective communicator
- Conducts work with professionalism and integrity
- Interest in learning new skills
- Previous experience with Quickbooks
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets
- Construction industry experience a plus
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Profit sharing
- Overtime pay
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Employer-contributed retirement plan
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Mileage reimbursement
- Flexibility with scheduling for personal commitments
- Work culture that supports work-life balance
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the email subject: Business Manager Position.